When I was little

Portrait of Darlene Michelle McPeek. Photo credit: Melanie Kay McPeek. Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. 



When I was little

When I was little, my friend Courtney and I were chosen by Mrs. Thompson, our primary school music teacher, two dress as angels and sing
"Silent Night." We had white robes, golden halos made of a metal hanger and gold garland, and wings. It was pretty cool.
We each held a candle in front of our faces as we sang.
I was probably 9 or 10. The lights were out, so the cafeteria, where the program was held, was dark. ...
My mother has the photos.

Today, also many small birds were flying in and out of the garden.
Baby girl gabrielle was enjoying watching them
From the window.
I was happy to see them, too!
The bird seed is being eaten quickly,  so I
Know we will have many bird friends living here now.
And I am glad.

Also, lately, many beautiful big fluffy antique gold coloured moths (nacht vlinders or night butterflies) 💛💛💛
Have been in the house.
Maybe as we had the caterpillars that went to cocoon
In the garden. They are hatching now.
So, I have been rescuing them from baby girl gabrielle.
She plays with them...
So, in recent days,
I have been finding them in
Many places where it is easy for me to pick them up
And give help.
Once, on the window ledge,
Once, sitting on the table cloth,
Just waiting for me...
So, it is as if they know me now.
I let them fly onto my hair, glasses,
They walk on my arms, hands, very sweet.
They are quite friendly and say thank you.
Then, after a time, they fly away...
And are fine.
I am very happy.
💙💙💙

Comments