Empathy



Two days ago, I was having a conversation with a friend about a woman who miscarried his baby a few years ago. He had not wanted the baby and made it clear to her at that time, which must have had an effect on her. This woman is now remarried and going through early menopause. In between times, my friend told me that she and her husband could not have children and that they had asked him to step in to help. Well, he didn't help, because he did not trust the husband to stay with her after the baby was born, because the husband did not want a baby, either. Just hearing this, I felt sad for her, really sad. Because she had chosen two men who did not want children and she would have been a good mother.

Later that night, I realized that I had lost some blood. It was not expected. All I can say is I must have been bleeding in empathy for her, because it never happened before. Anyway, I will pray for a little angel to fly to her and give her comfort and joy, because I know she needs it. What love we give always returns to us. So, I should see a little angel here, too, soon enough.

The photo at top right was taken by SakariLove © 2010, all rights reserved, while the photo of the bird on the left was taken by Catherine Mascrès © 2010, all rights reserved.

Comments