Bee Hive: Godess/Tree Deva & Crone: Revisited

The link below tells the story of a piece of sculpture by Eliana Gilad and how it changes form. It reminded me of another transition, from maiden to crone, which I tell below.

From October 28, 2012: "Today, I was "summoned" by a bee to the hive (have not been there in 4-5 days and had a feeling I was needed). When I arrived, I found that that face of the golden goddess had been mostly hacked off by someone who had also bricked and boarded up the hive. (I removed the barricades... the bees were not moving at that time, but there was a buzzing sound from in the hive, albeit weaker than before. It was warm in the hive and I could feel the heat, so that was good. ... since them time, the bees have fully recovered, even making it through the winter cold!)."

Here is the picture of the Goddess / Maiden / Tree Deva before being defaced:


Here she is now, the wise Crone, which I think is also beautiful. We all change and she reminds us of that.



Not long afterwards, I stumbled upon a video of William Henry on Coast to Coast Radio talking about how something had gone into an ancient temple (Osirion's Temple, I believe he said) and had hacked away at the Goddesses and God's faces, etc., to keep them from being able to do the things they were supposed to do. That struck me as especially odd, and reminded me of the above.

David Bowie's song, Changes, also comes to my mind:



.....


Comments