Singing in the Light


Singing in the Light



I am a child of the light,
The rainbow is my heart

Divine love is my birthright,
We are all a part,

Of the highest heart,
Of the heart divine.

Sunshine is my road,
I travel it sublime.

In tbe law of one,
We meet eternity,

Infinity is our watchword,
Time does nor exist.

Myths and fables,
Fairy tales,

Faerie and the wild,
All contribute to

Our stories
In the world,

In the moon,
We meet,

In the sun,
We live,

In the world,
We give our love,

And I love you so,
And I love you so.

Our sacred union
Is nigh,

From us,
A vine grows high

Into the sky,
Green and strong,

I climb it to the sky,
I climb it to the sky,

I reach the top,
And off I step,

Onto a cloud,
And there you are with me,

We ride together,
Through the sky,

Seeing what we see,
Seeing what we see,

The cloud lands in a meadow gold,
On a moutain top,

The mountain is enchanted,
And a ring of trees greets us.

We lie down in the sweet green grass
Encased in golden blooms,

The scent is holy and healing,
Encapsulates in gold,

The energy of the sun,
And earth,

Is now within us.

We see an oak,
Stately and tall,

Surrounded by squirrels.

They are our friends,
And greet us, too,

Surrounding us with hugs.

We climb the tree,
We reach the top,

And survey the world,
Entire.

We spend the day,
Up in our tree,

And watch the setting sun.

A dragon flies,
High in the sky,

Magenta and indigo blue,
He stops at our tree,

And asks, "Where will you go⚘?"

We are unsure,
But step onboard,

Sitting on his back,

Between his Wings,
Strong and sure,

We are intact.

He flies us to his cave,
On a neighbor mount,

And we feast on fruit,
And the nectar of light.

He lays us to rest
On a gossamer bed of gold,

We sleep and d ream,
We sleep and dream,

Until the night is done.

We lay side by side,
Until our days are done,

But this is just the start,
My love,

We have just begun,
We have just begun.

So, rising with the sun,
We open on our wings to fly

We bid our host,
A word of thanks,

Before we say "goodbye."

But, goodbye is a word
That ne'er does exist.

Not in our hearts or minds it does,
As we are infinite.

We shall see you again,
Our dragon friend.

Look for us tonight,
At the top of our tree,

Singing in the light.

Darlene Michelle McPeek
Copyright July 2017
All Rights Reserved.


Comments