How to Handle a Verbally Abusive Bully

Q: What to say to a verbally abusive bully?


I was not bullied as a child, but have met bullies since then. These are what work for me. ...

If he or she is right in saying somthing or, it is a fact about you that is true:

If this were the situation, I would say, "so, who is perfect" or, " yeah, i am."
"Big things come in small packages." If you are short, for ex.
"I like who I am and I am proud of it. Do you like who are you? How you are behaving?"


This can be used anytime:

"Just remember that each and every person in heaven can see you and what you are doing. Does that makes you proud of yourself?"


If it is a fiction, just meanness:

"Hey, are you okay?"
"I know that people who are unkind to others are only saying how they feel about themselves, so when you call me a ____, it is you speaking to you about yourself"
"My body is covered in teflon, so everything you say bounces off me."
"If you are nice, great, i like that. If you are not, i can't hear you."
"This is about you and you are talking to yourself."
"I send your own words back to you, but changed to kindness,  as you obviously need it."
"Who is treating you this way, are you being abused?"
"Who taught you those words? How did you learn to speak like that?"
"What a person says is just a reflection of their own insides."
"Go back home and start the day over. You obviously are not awake yet. Did you eat breakfast?"
"Ok, here is a hug. I think you must really need one."
"I am sorry for you. If you need to talk, let me know."

Or, just find something funny about them thinking while at home.
Then, when you see them, just laugh, walking off.
This one works well if you are up to it. 😊


Darlene Michelle McPeek
Copyright August 2017
All Rights Reserved.

Comments