The Prince & The Tree Faerie (Revised)


The Prince and the Tree Faerie (revised)



We are Walking in heaven.
God has kissed the ground.
It is sacred.

Hands touching, Shyly.
Eyes meeting.
A hint of a smile.

"We've known each other
so long," I say.
"It is lovely to meet you in person."

"But we have met before,"
You say.
"In another time."

...

We are at a ball.
I take your hand,
"May I dance with you, lovely lady?"
"Yes," you say.

We dance all night.
The clock strikes twelve.
You run away, into the night.

I see you disappear.
But, how? Where to?
I do not know.

I look down.
Your crystal slipper;
Left behind.

For me?
I wonder. What to do?
How to find you?

Once inside,
I hold up the slipper;
A Sparkling rainbow.

"Only a faerie princess
Could wear this," I say.
The very next day, I begin the search.

I knock on the Birch tree.
"Birch tree, with bark so soft.
Won't you tell me where my love has gone?"

The Birch tree faerie peers out, frowning.
Her face white in the peeling bark.
"You have intereupted my tea," says she.

"However, I know who wears these
magickal slippers," says she.
"Go and look, but you'll not find her."

"She is in a faraway land,
Wait and you will see.
Your patience will be rewarded."

I scratch my head and walk away.
I knock on the next tree, a Maple.
"Maple tree, so very sweet.
I love your syrup.
May I have it to eat?"

The Maple tree faerie
Peeks out from the leaves.
"I am sweet: you may try my bounty."
"But I hear your heart's plea.
I cannot say where your Beauty will be."

"Her magical slipper will help you find the way.
Put the slipper next to your bed.
In the morning,
You will find a hint."

I take the slipper home to my castle,
On the mountain top.
From the window view,
I see the ocean blue.

To bed I go,
And lie asleep.
In my dream, I see her.

She kisses my brow.
I hold her hand.
We fly away together.

In the night, we go.
Visiting the sun
and moon.

In the morning,
I awake.
It is nearly noon.

A blue bird at the window
Serenades me.
I wonder if she knows?

I peer into the bird's eyes,
And I see.
The bird says, "I will take you to your love."

A flash brightens my chamber.
I see my own dear mother.
She is an angel.
She touches my cheek.
"Go, my son. Find your love."

So, I look down.
I see myself as a bird.
I fly outside.
The little blue bird is there, waiting.

We lift off.
We fly over 10 mountains.
At the 10th mountain,
We land on its peak.

I see an oak.
I knock on its door.
A red door.
I close my eyes.

My eyes open.
I am in bed.
The sunrise touches my face,
Sparkling through the crystal slipper
In my hand.

In my heart,
I know.
I will see her again.


Written: 12 September 2017
Revised: 18  September 2017


Darlene Michelle McPeek
Tera Mai Reiki and Seichem Master Teacher
Copyright September 2017
All Rights Reserved.

Comments