At Home in the Sea, a memory and poem.

At Home in the Sea, a memory and poem.

I was on the beach yesterday.
It was a lovely, calm. Soft waves.
A bit like lovemaking, it was.
I was swimming...
Around me, in front of me, were 5 parasailers.

We were just off a sandy coral covered point, at which one side to the north/east and bells beach (the famous surfing beach) the waves were madly crashing, but on my side, it was gentle like a baby. I could float and float. In between these two extremes, on the rocks and coral, birds were sitting. Live coral flowers growing in the rocks and from the sand.
Orange,  yellow, green, red coral swimming in the water with me.
Floating past my feet, as i walked by the shore, saying their greetings to me. Small sea birds with their black caps. Bathing in the shallow gentle waves on the shore. Small children looking up from their sand castles, with pointed spires, up to the skies. The sun, benevolent and smiling, cast his eyes on us. We basked in the mild warm, human and bird alike.
A Beluga Whale. 
At Home in the Sea.

"I love the sea.
You are my friend.
So blue and deep.
So blue and deep."
I sing, as the waves carry me.
Blue and turquoise peace,
Ascends from the deep
Mother love of the water,
Into my feet.
To my heart,
Where it grows,
Into a dolphin angel.
I feel a bit odd,
But good.
At home in the sea.
I look down,
My body is silver blue.
I have fins!
By jove,
I am a fish myself.
Not one to ask questions,
I jump into the air
And flip.
Landing smack in the water.
Singing in a tweet,
My voice belongs.
In the depths of blue.
My fins propel me.
The sun glistens in the water droplets,
I am a soul of the sea,
Born of water.
No longer limited by human legs,
I move my body
In a gentle arc,
I soon learn how,
My dolphin's brain reminds me.
I tweet in joy!
Swmiining out,
I here tweets.
Not my own, could it be?
Yes....
I see blue silver sparkles of light,
Joy unbound,
Laughter with no reason except to express,
Bubbling up inside my breast,
It must come,
It must come,
And it does.
Flips and arcing above tbe water,
Flashes and shines,
What a joy to be alive!
I see you.
Yes, my friend.
You are a dolphin, too!
Tweeting, cavorting,
Joyous, strong and free,
Swimming in the deep.

Now, a moon is rising,
Softly shining down.
Her silver white,
Silver light,
Caressing the water,
With sparkles, shimmering
Joy.
The light dances with us.
We dance inside it.
Gold, silver, and diamonds,
Liquify.
The sea is made of light!
Sea horses underneath
Running free,
The water dragon will come.
Underwater wings flapping,
Now.
He is blue,
I suddenly have legs,
So I accept the invitation to ride.
Holding my hand out to you,
Catching holding,
Cool yet warm with life,
Your hand in mine.
Your fins now legs,
Step by step guide you,
To me.
The water dragon quest begins...
Where shall we go?
What shall we see?
Under neath the ocean deep?
No one knows,
Least of all me!

Looking ahead,
I see blue,
As the dragon dives...
bubbles rise,
Past my face,
Back towards the surface.
Face forward,
Blue on blue,
Turqouse hue,
Changing
Changing
Navy and purple.
Deep
Deep
Deep.
....
We sleep.
We dream.
We love.
We are.

The water splashes my face.
Ohh! I awake.
Floating on the ocean waves,
I see I have traveled.
I turn towards the shore,
Arms and legs,
Moving,
I ride the water,
The waves,
carry me to the land.
I step down,
Feel the sand in between my toes.
Yes, I am alive.
It is good.

Darlene Michelle McPeek
Copyright 2017.
All rights reserved.

Comments