Spiraling Upwards Towards the Light



Honeybee in Torquay. Photo credit: Darlene Michelle McPeek. Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. 

Honeybee in Torquay 2. Photo credit: Darlene Michelle McPeek. Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. 
A young man was sitting on a park bench during the great depression. He was thinking hard about his future and didn't know whether he could go on to medical school, as he had no money. He said to himself, "ok God, this is it. I leave it in your hands."  When he opened his eyes to get up, an old man sat down next to him. He handed him a brown paper bag. "I was told to give you this." Inside, was enough money to pay for his medical study. He was so happy and grateful. 

My childhood GP told me this same story at the age of 7 or 8. It was his story. I am not  sure why he shared it with me. Maybe he saw something in me. Maybe it was to cheer me up, as my family didn't have much money. I don't know why. But he was the absolute best. He died when I was in high school.  I was sad. He was such an inspiration to me. He helped me to believe in myself. 
Later, I would graduate from law school. This was miracle in my family, as my parents never finished high school themselves. However, my dad had a high IQ and my mom was the salt of the earth. My dad was so very proud of me and told me so. I was proud of me, too. 

When I was 18, I had told my friends, I am studying here in Texas now, but I will attend graduate school out of state. And so, I did. As a result of that, I have made many new and wonderful friends, observed people and cultures overseas, learned so much about life and the overwhelming generosity and goodness of all people in the world. 

I am sharing this story for anyone who might need cheering or inspiration. The wisdom of following the call of the heart is so true. Follow your heart and you can never go wrong. Life is about so much more than material gain. Each of us has an important role to fulfill here on Earth. Every person is born with a talent that is waiting to be used for the betterment of all. 

The fulfillment of that talent, that god-given gift is joyous to behold. When we share our hearts and souls, we not only heal ourselves, we heal others in the process. It is never to late to start. History is filled with people who started late in life. Grandma Moses comes to mind. The key is small steps. Take one every day. 

Each of us are ever evolving in our own consciousness, spiraling upwards towards the light. This never ends. 
#consciousness #inspirational #healing #mindful #soul #wisdom #miracles

Comments